River City Classic – 3
Saturday, April 6, 2019
Show Hostess: Angela Morlock, firstname.lastname@example.org 812-449-6458
Time: Doors open Sat. at 7:00 am with the show starting at 8:30 am. Doors will be open Fri (APR 5, 2019) at 6-8 pm for set up, if entrants would like to set up.
Location: Evansville Army National Guard Armory
3300 E Division Street
Evansville, IN 47715
(Entrants are able to unload their vehicles at the big garage door or the double walk-in doors on the east side of the building) Parking is free.
Directions: For individual directions, please send an email to email@example.com with your address.
Eligibility: All persons are allowed to enter. There is no membership required. Judges may compete in divisions that they are not judging.
Entry Deadline: Entries must be received by MAR 17, 2019. Late entries will be accepted with a late fee of $10.
Refunds: There is no refunds, due to being a benefit show.
Divisions: There are 6 Divisions, with 6 Rings running simultaneously.
- All model sizes can be shown in the same class. (ex. a Mini Whinnies model can be shown in the same class as a Traditional model).
Ring 1: OF Breyer – Judge: Kati Stupka / Lauren Maultsby
Ring 2: OF Stone – Judge: Tonya Clapp
Ring 3: ARs – Judge: Marissa Helling
Ring 4: Mini’s – Judge: Sydney Epley
Ring 5: Customs – Judge: Chelsea Hochstetler
Ring 6: Performance – Judge: Julia Paige
Fun Class: If time is allowed
Fun Classes: The fun classes are NOT NAN qualifying.
Class Limits: Limited to 3 models per halter class and 2 models per performance class. If you need to show more than 3 horses in a class, you may pay $1 per each horse above the limits listed here per class. Leave the $1 with the model on the table. Classes may be combined or split at the judge’s discretion.
- Performance entries are limited to 18″ x 30″. Hunter over fences and stock work can use 24″ x 30″.
Tables: Each entrant will get one, full sized (2.5 ft. x 8 ft.) rectangular table and two chairs when entry fee of $50 is paid. A half table is available for $25. The number of tables that is available is 40. After 40, entrants will be on a waitlist. Waitlist entrants will be contacted via email NLT APR 18, 2019 that they have a table.
Awards: Ribbons will be given for 1st – 5th place, Rosettes for Champions and Reserve Champions as well as other awards for Grand and Reserve Champion.
Results: Will be given via email to entrants after the show and posted on the web page. There will be a deadline to have any names corrected prior to NAMSHA submission.
Food: Snacks/drinks will be available at 8:00 am. We will break for lunch around noon for approximately 30 minutes to one hour depending on time left of the show. These items are available from the Tarty Tuckers 4H Club on site. Lunch cost and menu will be available on the webpage.
Silent Auction: Items are TBD, donations are gladly accepted.
Vintage Challenge: This class is under the Performance division. It is for any model on a mold at least 25 years or OLDER. An example would be a mold that was originally made in the year of 1994 or older (This also means that you can show a model that was produced in 1995-2018, so long as the mold was developed prior to 1995. Any discipline can be shown.
Proxy Showing: Proxy showers are welcome. Please enter separately as a Proxy and coordinate with the person showing your horses. Please note: Proxy showers do not get extra table space!
NAMHSA Membership: The show is pending approval for NAMHSA membership. Therefore, once approved, all 1st and 2nd place horse in each class qualify for NAN except fun class
- ONLY a HORSE or other EQUINE as determined by NAMHSA rules may earn NAN qualification. See http://www.NAMHSA.org for more information.
Model Identification: All models are to have a 3×5 card with breed and gender on one side. Model’s name and showers 3 initials on the other side. All cards must be legible in order to avoid any mistakes, so the results can be reported in a timely manner. Tags required for other shows can stay on the models in order the help with identification Tags required for other shows can stay on the models in order the help with identification.
- A special service is available if you would like to have your 3×5 cards all typed out for you. The cost for this service will be the following; Up to 20 cards= $10 / 21-50 cards=$15 / 51-75 cards=$25 / 76-100 cards=$30 / 101-200=$50.
If any entrant wishes to have this service done, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org a list of the model’s name, showers initials, breed, & gender for each model. (Excel spreadsheet is the preferred method.
Deadline for this service is MAR 9, 2019. Payment can be made at the same time as the entry fee.
Judging: Fragile models may be laid on a piece of cloth. Judge reserves the right to pick up and inspect these models.
- In Performance classes, please put a greenmarker next to your entry when it’s ready to be judged, or a red marker when it’s NOT ready to be judged. This will save time for the Performance judge! These markers will be available at the arena table.
- Documentation and explanation cards/sheets are encouraged for rare breeds, but please limit these to 8.5 by 11 inches or smaller.
- The show hostess and judges reserve the right to combine or close classes as needed. Classes may also be split by make, breed, size, or color for easier judging.
- When judging is completed for a class, please remove your model from the ring or it has the chance to be put in the pony pound.
- Showers may sell from their tables.
- Tobacco use is permitted in designated area only.
- No pets, no running, and no touching other’s showers models.
- Good sportsmanship is expected throughout the entire show. No obscene, hateful behavior whether verbal or physical. Violators will be required to leave the show without a refund. Staff decision is final.
- If you bring children, you’re responsible for their behavior. If they break something – it is your responsibility to make good with the owner.
- Judge’s decision is final. No arguing with the judges.
- No talking to judges while any class is being judged.
- If you have a concern or issue about anyone’s behavior at the show, or about the judging, PLEASE bring this to our attention so we can deal with it quickly and appropriately. Do NOT try to resolve the issue yourself!
- Spectators and helpers are certainly welcome, as long as they abide by the rules.
Questions: Email Angela at email@example.com